COLLEGE FOOTBALL’S MOST OUTSTANDING OFFENSIVE LINE UNIT
The Joe Moore Award for the Most Outstanding Offensive Line Unit in College Football today revealed the selection of three finalists for this year’s national honor, announced The Foundation for Teamwork, which has presented the unique award since 2015.
THIS YEAR’S WINNER …
Louisiana State University Offensive Line
- The Tigers lead FBS in total offense (554.3 total ypg).
- LSU is 3rd in FBS, averaging 7.79 yds/play (only trail Oklahoma and Alabama).
- 500+ yards of total offense in 9 of 12 games, including wins over four teams ranked in the AP Top 10 at the time (at Alabama and Texas, and vs Auburn and Florida).
- The Tigers had 481 total yds vs Georgia in SEC CG, 138 more than any other UGA opponent this year.
- LSU’s O-line led the way to the most productive offensive season in school history, establishing school records for points (621), points per game (47.8), total offense (7,207), passing yards (5,209), 50-point games (6), and games with at least 40 points (10).
The LSU Tigers offensive line has been selected as the 2019 winner of the Joe Moore Award for the Most Outstanding Offensive Line Unit in College Football. The announcement was made by The Foundation for Teamwork which has presented this unique award since 2015. The Tigers’ offensive line unit, coached by James Cregg, are the second team from the Southeastern Conference to win the only award in college football that recognizes a group or a unit.
What Voters Said
“Passing as much as this offense did this year puts a unique strain on the group up front and boy did they respond. Sitting and watching these guys on film, the number of pass protection reps that I wrote down ‘Teach Tape Worthy’ next to in my notes was remarkable. Pass pro is definitely not passive for these guys.”
“They define what the teamwork criteria is about. They really worked well together in their combination blocks and in pass pro. Always a lot of [defenders] on the ground when the play was over. Played to the echo of the whistle on a regular.”
The 2019 Joe Moore Award finalists included:
- Alabama Crimson Tide
- Louisiana State University
- Ohio State University
- Oregon Ducks